Monday, November 26, 2012

Salvation

 The only horror awaiting you at death is rebirth should you not attain mystical Union in the here and now.

 Far from being an elitist religion this idea points to the universalism of Gnosticism. Taken to its logical conclusion it means all will be saved though some with less rebirths than others. This is in keeping with the belief that our Divine Spark is actually part of the Unknown Father and He can not be whole so long as we remain in the prison of material reality.

Now the Valentinian Gnostics taught that you must be resurrected in life if you are to be resurrected after death which is to say you have to reach Christ consciousness or Theosis as our eastern orthodox brothers call it.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
-2 Corinthians 5:17

Jesus repeatedly talks about the two natures becoming one in the Gospel of Thomas. He further says quote,

"He who will drink from my mouth will become
like Me. I myself shall become he, and the things that are hidden
will become revealed to him."
(saying 108)

 My understanding of all this is far from perfect ,after all I am only a fool, so I do not believe I understand it fully but this concept has perhaps two stages,

1. Making the two natures of man,the Light and the darkness,one.

2. Experiencing the true reality which is that all multiplicity is an illusion. Coming to know that the universe of forms ,that is material reality, is an illusion and that all things are one. Forming a union with the Divine from which all things emanate and  are inseparably connected.

I believe this comes from knowing yourself and listening to your Divine Spark within. There are many methods one can use to do this. My chief methods at this point are study and meditation on the Gnostic Gospels,interpreting my dreams, and visualizations on a Kabbalistic interpretation of the Tarot along with readings.

It is my belief that those who attain Christ Consciousness in this life will break the cycle and upon material death ascend to the Pleroma,the heavenly realm of Light and Oneness!

I hope to one day KNOW it.

No comments:

Post a Comment