Monday, November 12, 2012

Gods Who Should Worship Men

I wish good kind christian people like my father would cast off their belief in a god who demands blood atonement.

Justice maybe warranted but its not love or mercy. An eye for an eye maybe justice but Jesus Christ said if your enemy strikes you on the cheek turn to him the other and pray for him. Love your enemies.

Jehovah didn't love his enemies but its not as if he was evil in his wrath rathe
r he was coarse. He had no capacity for forgiveness without blood atonement either through the punishment and death of the person or of an animal surrogate.

To me this says either God has a monumental case of schizophrenia or jehovah is NOT Jesus Christs father but hey what do I know?

I realize that I am a fool I only wish my orthodox counterparts would realize the same.

In my opinion though ,and it is only my fool-like opinion, only a god completely beyond rational comprehension without a name,without description can truly be a God worthy of worship.

"Men make gods and worship their creation. It would be fitting for (such) gods to worship men!"

-Gospel of Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment