Friday, December 21, 2012

The Holiest Day of the Year

 Christmas is almost upon us and I couldn't be happier.

While western Christendom generally considers Easter a more holy holiday because they believe Jesus Christ's death saves us as a Gnostic Christian I think differently.

For me the ultimate sacrifice of the Aeon Christos was not his death but his incarnation into limited corporeal form. Understand that before Christos had a body he was pure spirit and without any restriction.

The wonder of my faith is that the Absolute loved us so much he sent his salvaic aspect to incarnate and teach us the way to liberation because we were so lost in the illusion of materiality and multiplicity.

So for me and those who think like me while easter is very important there is no more holy holiday than Christmas.

By the way I am well aware that the 25 of december is not the true date of Jesus Christ's birth but that hardly matters to me. The date is seared into the western consciousness and for me its the commemoration that counts not the day.

 Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment